The DC Comics Relaunch

DC Comics is relaunching their titles. When I first saw the news about it, I wasn't too thrilled. I thought that the DC Universe would be highly unrecognizable. I became more optimistic about it thought. I've seen the previews for it. It actually doesn't seem as drastic a change as I thought. If you go on DC Comics and go to their blog, which is also in my links, they've been posting covers and descriptions for the relaunches of each title. Each title will get a new issue number one. One thing I like about it, and I'm not the only one, is that there will once again be only one Batman. It will be interesting to see Batman team up with the new Robin, his son Damien. I think the only Batman he'd been partnered with before was the Dick Grayson Batman. I mean, he had more or less worked with the Bruce Wayne batman, but Damien wasn't officially Robin then. Dick Grayson will bill Nightwing again, with a black and red costume. The new costumes for the characters actually look pretty cool. Barbara Gordon will be Batgirl again, I'm guessing means she was never crippled post-relaunch. I think it'll be cool to see her as Batgirl again. She's the original. Wonder Woman's costume isn't changing very much from the one she has been wearing lately. Superman's costume is pretty cool. He may have to fold his Superman collar down when he puts on his Clark Kent clothes, but it looks cool. I think the original costume is the best though. All in all this relaunch looks to be shaping up really well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twix

Art Projects

Sword of Omens