Working with Layers (Self Portrait)



When doing digital drawings, whether partly or entirely digital, I usually don't use layers. Layers are where you separate different parts of the drawing into layers. Like for example, guide lines would be one layer. Details, such as the eyes, nose, etc., would be another layer. Colors would be another layer. I usually do everything on the canvas and don't use layers. However, I thought I'd try layers tonight. I didn't get very thorough with this drawing because it was basically just an excuse to experiment with layers. I forgot to delete the guidelines layer before I grouped it, but I don't think it shows up much. I adjusted the layers so the details show through pretty well. I'll want to practice more with layers so I really get the hang of it. So far I think I'm getting somewhere with them though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twix

Art Projects

Sword of Omens